Top Ten Funny Things That Happened On Our Trip

1. We got very confused by an automatic potty in the Montmartre neighborhood of Paris. A passerby had to explain it to us. I am pretty sure he felt really sorry for us
From Paris

2. I had a way too long and way too confusing conversation with a drunken French person in the same neighborhood.
From Paris

3. We got our picture taken by (who we hoped was) a French journalist in from of the Eiffel Tower.
From Paris

4. Tried, and failed to get tattoos. Once the place was closed, once they were booked. Both times required 20 minute rides on the bus.
From Paris

5. Tried to get to Versailles via a train station that was marked as accessible on the map we had. No lift, we looked-for like, an hour. Tried to call company that runs the trains only to be told the woman on the phone didn’t know where the lift was…um, ok? Decided to rearrange our plans and do something else that day.
From Paris

6. Tried to order a coffee with hot milk, only to get a hot milk (a lait chaud instead of a café au lait). Did I mention that I took 12 years of French? Ahem. Finally traded it in for a café, after waiting a good 10 minutes for the waiter to come back. Ah, french waiters….
From Paris

7. Walked along with a group of British teenagers who talked really fast and kept saying I knoooooo’ over and over. Kind of like American teenagers, right? I KNOW.
From London

8. Listened to the British Guard play ‘ Copa Cabana’ and ‘Dancing Queen’ during the Changing of the Guard ceremony.My video quality is not great, but the audio will tell it all. I think I was laughing too hard to hold the camera still:
From London

9. Watched a group of Rugby fans converge upon the block we were having coffee and crepes, set up their instruments, gather a crowd,and play a rousing verse of…Swing Low Sweet Chariot. Really? Not what I would consider an uplifting fight song, but ok.
From Paris

10. After #5, try the next day at another train station (this one had a lift-thank you Rick Steves!). Made our way downstairs. Turned myself around so that Brittney could pull me up on the train….and the door closes and off she goes. We lost Brittney. After a small panic attack Tiffany and I board the train hoping we will find our friend at the Versailles stop. Luckily, she found US at the next stop. Crisis averted. Stupid Minnesota.
From Paris

From Paris

From Paris